Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Spare parts

This page will start off very short, but I will add to it over time.

I have just ordered the first bit of new equipment to be delivered to the boat. It is a new shower sump pump.
The boat has two heads that are fitted with sinks and showers, but the shower drains are designed to run straight into the bilge. I am not a fan of any water in the bilge let alone smelly shower water and all the gunk that goes with it. So high on the priority list is to install a shower sump into the forward shower.
After a lot of research and study of reviews, I have gone for a sump by Attwood.

I will post more on this page about the spares I like to carry, and when I get around to installing the sump pump, I will do a separate post on it.



The next order has been placed for gear to arrive ready to be installed once we get the boat home.


The Adriatic can be very hot in summer. We try to live by the KISS method (keep it simple stupid) so are not keen in installing A/C.
Our first world trip was aboard a square rigger which also did not have a/c. these little fans are the bomb! It's amazing how powerful they are, simple to install and effective at keeping one cool on those hot summer nights!

No comments: